- About Us
- Academic Programs
- Administrator Resources
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
Administrative Search - Associate Provost for Academic Programs
The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Provost for Academic Programs.
The associate provost reports to the senior vice president and provost, and is responsible for centrally coordinating academic programs including guiding, developing, and continuously improving curricula and policies. The associate provost also has responsibility for articulation with community colleges, accreditation, continuous academic program quality improvement, distance education, the Honors Program, Program for Women in Science and Engineering, the Study Abroad Center, and international programs.
The associate provost works closely with university leaders and external stakeholders to promote student success in furtherance of Iowa State’s strategic academic goals. The successful candidate shall have strong organization, communication, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
Required Qualification: professor with tenure at Iowa State University
- experience in the management and administration of academic affairs matters
- record of excellence in areas of faculty responsibility
- commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, instructional and academic staff, department chairs, deans, and other university leaders including colleagues in the Division of Student Affairs
- ability to work collaboratively with counterparts and organizations external to Iowa State
- experience with innovation related to academic affairs
Applicants shall submit a current CV and a cover letter describing qualifications and vision for the position.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May 26, 2017.
The search committee will be chaired by Beth McNeil, dean of Library Services. Nominations for the position may be sent to McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional members of the search committee:
- Laura Doering, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Amy Slagell, Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Doug Jacobson, University Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Peter Martin, University Professor, Human Development and Family Studies
- Brad Shrader, Morrill Professor, Management
- Holly Bender, Associate Director, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Francis Owusu, Chair, Community and Regional Planning
- Lora Leigh Chrystal, Director, Program for Women in Science and Engineering
- Don Beerman, Chair, Animal Science