- About Us
- Academic Programs
- Administrator Resources
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
Administrative Search - Dean of the Graduate College
The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the Graduate College.
The dean reports to the senior vice president and provost, and is responsible for graduate programs including guiding, developing, and continuously improving curricula and policies. The dean also provides oversight and leadership for the recruiting of graduate students and post-doctoral scholars, and efforts to grow and enhance impact of the university’s graduate programs.
The dean works closely with university leaders and external stakeholders to advance Iowa State’s strategic goals for graduate education and research. The successful candidate shall have strong organization, communication, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
Required Qualification: professor with tenure at Iowa State University
- experience in the management and administration of graduate program matters
- record of excellence in areas of faculty responsibility
- commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, instructional and academic staff, department chairs, deans, and other university leaders, and with counterparts and organizations external to Iowa State
- experience with innovation related to graduate education and research
Applicants shall submit a current CV and a cover letter describing qualifications and vision for the position.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May 26, 2017.
The search committee will be chaired by Sarah Rajala, dean of the College of Engineering. Nominations for the position may be sent to Rajala at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional members of the search committee:
- April Katz, Morrill Professor, Art and Visual Culture
- Judy Strand, Program Coordinator, Graduate College
- Qijing Zhang, Associate Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Pol Herrmann, Chair, Management
- Pam Riney-Kehrberg, Professor, History
- Ann Marie Fiore, University Professor, Apparel, Events, and Hospitality Management
- Stephen Howell, Distinguished Professor, Plant Sciences Institute
- Nicci Port, Program Coordinator, Office of the Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion