- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
Faculty Climate Workgroup
Iowa State University President Wendy Wintersteen has charged four implementation teams with developing initiatives that improve the experience of undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, faculty, and merit and professional and scientific employees. The Faculty Experience Workgroup – led jointly by the Faculty Senate and the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost – will identify and take action on 3-5 issues of concern, identified by faculty, in response to recent results from the Campus Climate Survey.
The Workgroup's report is available on the Faculty Senate website.
Open forums announced to solicit input from faculty
Two open forums will be held to solicit input on potential climate initiatives:
- Wednesday, October 17, 4-5 p.m., 198 Parks Library
- Thursday, November 1, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Memorial Union Pioneer Room
Members of the workgroup will provide a high-level review of results from the COACHE and Campus Climate surveys and solicit ideas for maintaining and improving a positive faculty experience at Iowa State.
- Jonathan Wickert, senior vice president and provost (co-chair)
- Peter Martin, Faculty Senate president (co-chair)
- Claire Andreasen, professor, veterinary medicine
- Dawn Bratsch-Prince, associate provost for faculty
- Brenda Lohman, associate dean, human sciences
- Cameron Rayburn, lecturer, engineering
- Jane Rongerude, associate professor, design
- Jose Rosa, professor, Ivy College of Business
- Meifen Wei, professor, liberal arts and sciences