- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Accreditation/Program Review
- Global Academic Programs
- Policies and Procedures
- Student Outcomes Assessment
- Accelerated Degree Programs
- EAB Campus/Navigate
- High Impact Practices
- Soar in 4
- Tips for Success
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
HLC 2015-2016 Accreditation Process
Iowa State University prepared for a November 2-3, 2015 accreditation visit by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Iowa State participated in the HLC Open Pathway accreditation process that includes four major components.
- Submission of a report on the HLC required Quality Initiative that Iowa State selected to pursue related to the systematic collection and use of graduate first-destination information (PDF, 511KB).
- Submission of an Assurance Document (and related evidence) that documents how Iowa State is meeting the Criteria for Accreditation established by HLC.
- Submission of materials to demonstrate the institution’s compliance with certain Federal Requirements.
- An on-site visit by HLC peer reviewers on November 2-3, 2015.
Iowa State had a leadership team organized for each of the first three items above.
These teams reached out to others across the university as they worked to submit the required materials in preparation for the visit in November 2015.
General questions about Iowa State’s HLC accreditation visit and process should be directed to Karen Zunkel in the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost.