Global Academic Programs
Iowa State is a global university. Students pursue unique educational opportunities in 60 different countries each year, and on every continent, gaining valuable experience and perspective as they prepare to work in a global marketplace. Faculty and staff routinely share their expertise with colleagues around the world, as well as facilitate student exchanges, and host colleagues from other countries in Ames.
Council on International Programs
The ISU Council on International Programs includes representatives from each college and other central units on campus involved with international programs at Iowa State. Much of the council’s effort directly or indirectly supports the Goal 1 and Subgoal 1.3 of the 2017-2022 Iowa State University Strategic Plan:
Ensure access to the ISU Experience – including an exceptional education offering practical, global, and leadership experiences that shape the well–rounded citizens and informed critical thinkers needed in the 21st century.
Provide learning opportunities to prepare students for lives and careers in a dynamic, global community.
The mission of the Council on International Programs (CIP) is to promote, improve, and expand the internationalization of Iowa State University in the following ways:
- Support existing, and foster new, relationships with institutions in other countries to further ISU’s teaching, research, and outreach missions
- Sustain and enhance an intellectually stimulating environment and a supportive university community for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with campus partners to integrate international students and visiting faculty and staff scholars into the academic and social life of ISU.
- CIP Mission and Activities (PDF, 314KB)
- CIP Members (PDF, 100KB)
- Current CIP Grant Call for Proposals (PDF, 197KB)
- 2019 Funded Proposals (PDF, 182KB)
Agreements with international institutions
- Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement Cover Sheet (DOC, 14KB)
- Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement Template (DOC, 55KB)