- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
Eligibility: Students and Courses
Who is eligible to choose this P/NP option?
- Any undergraduate student enrolled in courses intended to be in-person or online throughout Spring 2020 semester. This includes students on academic probation.
- Graduate and professional students have separate temporary P/NP policies for Spring 2020 semester.
Which undergraduate courses does the policy apply to?
- This temporary policy applies to any ISU undergraduate developmental course (courses below 100- level), 100-, 200-, 300-, or 400-level course that was intended to be-in person but which was changed to virtual instruction as a result of COVID-19.
- This policy was updated 4/10/20 to also include courses that were designated to be taught fully online at the start of Spring 2020 semester (e.g., courses with a section designator starting with an “X”).
Courses that are excluded from the policy are as follows:
- Courses that concluded prior to March 16, 2020
- Courses that have a Satisfactory/Fail grading basis
- INTED, EXPRO, REQR, and L TM placeholder courses
- Courses in which the instructor has submitted a grade of “I” (Incomplete).
- Note. Students may request to change the grading basis from graded to P/NP once the Incomplete grade is resolved. Students should initiate this request through their academic adviser.
- Test out and transfer courses
- Courses that a student dropped
This temporary P/NP policy does not apply to 500- or 600-level courses. Although undergraduates may enroll in these graduate courses, they are subject to the grading policies of the Graduate College and the temporary P/NP policy for graduate courses.