- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
Vice President, Research
VPR search resumes
The search for Iowa State’s next vice president for research resumes with visits from two remaining finalists.
The first finalist, Shashank Priya from Pennsylvania State University, completed his campus interview in March, prior the search being paused due to COVID-19. The second finalist will visit campus August 24-25; the third will visit campus September 1-2:
- Cynthia Sagers - August 24-25
- Peter Dorhout - September 1-2
Each candidate will be announced one business day before their visit. The candidates will meet with faculty, students, and staff in a mix of virtual, hybrid, and in-person sessions, to best meet our goals of safety and interaction between the candidates and the campus community.
The open forums will be recorded and posted online once all of the finalist visits are completed.
- Cynthia Sagers - Tuesday, August 25 - 2:00-3:00 p.m., Alliant Energy-Lee Liu Auditorium, Howe Hall. Physical distancing will be observed, and cloth face masks are required for all attendees.
- Peter Dorhout - Tuesday, September 1, 3:00-4:00 p.m., Allliant Energy-Lee Liu Auditorium, Howe Hall. Physical distancing will be observed, and cloth face masks are required for all attendees.
- Rao will serve as interim VP for research
- Seeking applications for next vice president for research
- Search begins for next vice president for research
- Nusser to complete service as VPR next summer
For prospective candidates - Office of the Vice President for Research