- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Site Index
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
Supported by the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost, Iowa State is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers.This program is designed to increase writing productivity and work-life balance.
To Activate an Iowa State-sponsored Individual Membership in the NCFDD:
All Iowa State faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students can access the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) webinars and resources once they have activated an account.
- To activate an account, go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website: facultydiversity.org
- Select the “Become a Member” tab at the top of the page.
- When asked to “Select your institution” scroll to the “Iowa State University” and press continue.
- You will be led to the Iowa State University membership page where you can “Activate My Membership.” Complete the registration process using your iastate.edu email account.
- You will receive a welcome email within 24 hours confirming that your account.
The NCFDD Institutional Membership offers numerous benefits at no charge to ISU faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students.
- NCFDD Core Curriculum
- Weekly Monday Motivator e-mail messages providing productivity tips and reminders
- Monthly productivity webinars and multi-week courses facilitated by national faculty development experts
- NCFDD Career Center Resources and Workshops
- Audio recordings, slides, and transcripts of all webinars to access at your convenience
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- NCFDD Discussion Forum and peer network
- Monthly accountability buddy match
If you have technical questions or concerns, contact the NCFDD Support Team at Support@FacultyDiversity.org or 313.347.8485.
For information about ISU's Institutional membership, please contact Katharine Hensley, Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost (email@example.com, 515.294.8823).