ISU Award for Impact on Student Success
To recognize outstanding achievement by professional staff and faculty who have had a sustained impact on undergraduate student success. This positive impact may be with individual students or a group of students inside or outside the classroom.
Professional staff and faculty members are eligible. Recipients must be Iowa State employees at the time of the University Awards Ceremony.
Nature of the awards:
$2,500 one-time stipend
Number of awards:
- One individual professional staff award
- One individual faculty award
- One team award (faculty, professional staff, or a combination)
Nominees regularly exhibit at least one of these actions/characteristics:
- Collaborate across campus, colleges, and/or units to generate impactful programs and practices to advance student success.
- Improve student success by implementing technologies, techniques, practices, or programs that transform the student experience inside or outside of the classroom.
- Support student co-curricular success beyond the classroom experience
- Utilize a variety of high-impact educational practices to enhance student success
Guidelines for Submitting Nominations for the Impact on Student Success Award:
- Completed nomination cover page either for faculty or staff:
- Faculty University Award Nomination Cover Page [PDF, 117KB | DOC, 23KB]
- Staff University Award Nomination Cover Page [PDF, 117KB | DOC, 23KB]
- One-page letter from the nominee’s department chair or unit director making or endorsing the nomination and describing the nominee’s impact on student success.
- A minimum of one letter of support (maximum of 3 letters) from an undergraduate student or student group describing the nominee’s qualities.
- Abbreviated vita of no more than four (4) pages
- Submit nomination as follows:
- If an individual or employing unit would like to submit a nomination, please email the complete nomination document to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nominations will be housed in a confidential file and the nominator will receive notification of successful submission within 10-15 minutes.
- If a college would like to submit a nomination through the college award nomination process, nominators must submit their nominations to their college by the college deadline. When the college is ready to submit their nominations, the college awards coordinator must upload the nominations to the appropriate college folder on CyBox. If you do not have access to your college's folder on CyBox, please contact Kati Gorman, email@example.com.
Nominations originate in departments, units, centers, or from individuals and are due in the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost on February 10. Award recipients and their nominator, department chair, dean, or supervisor are notified by May 1. Colleges receive feedback on unsuccessful nominations by July 1.