International Service Award
To recognize ISU faculty for outstanding international service in terms of teaching, research, or administration, within the United States or abroad.
Any faculty member, including administrative officials with faculty rank. Former recipients of the award are not eligible. Recipients must be ISU employees at the time of the University Awards Ceremony.
Nature of the award:
$1500 one-time stipend
Number of awards:
Significant and sustained contributions to the internationalization of Iowa State University; evidence of excellence and impact in scholarship related to position description, including where applicable, research and outreach of international dimensions, infusing international perspectives in teaching, and international service.
Guidelines for Submitting Nominations for the International Service Award
- Follow Format and Electronic Submission Instructions
- Nominating materials should include:
- Complete Faculty University Award Nomination Cover Page [PDF, 166KB | DOC, 20KB]
- The applicant's curriculum vita, including a list of publications and other supporting materials but not to exceed 25 pages. Previous years' nomination materials may be used if updated to reflect current activities.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be from ISU faculty, staff, or administration. No more than three letters will be accepted.
- A statement of justification (less than 500 words).
When the file is prepared, nominators must submit their nominations to their college by the college deadline. When the college is ready to submit their nominations, the college awards coordinator must upload the nominations to the appropriate college folder on CyBox. If you do not have access to your college's folder on CyBox, please contact Megan Peterson, email@example.com.
Nominations are reviewed by the college before submission to the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost. If colleges submit more than one application, the nominations should be rank ordered. No more than two applications should be submitted from each college. Award recipients and their nominator, department chair, dean, or supervisor are notified by May 1. Colleges receive feedback on unsuccessful nominations by July 1.