National Mentoring Month
January is National Mentoring Month. In preparation for this national remembrance, the Office of Faculty Success wishes to recognize outstanding faculty mentors and mentored faculty. All faculty are welcome to submit a brief 100-word testimonial or a 30 second video about their mentoring experience at Iowa State University. Questions to consider may include:
- Who has made a difference in your journey as a faculty member and why?
- What are qualities of a great faculty mentor?
- What are key characteristics of great faculty mentees?
- Where are the best places on campus and in central Iowa for faculty mentors and mentored faculty to connect?
- What kind of activities are important for faculty mentors and mentored faculty to take part in together?
- Why does mentoring matter?
Other inspirational reflections and meaningful guidance are welcomed.
All faculty are welcome to submit content to this CyBox folder until Friday, December 17. Testimonials and/or video content may be used in campus communications and/or the Office of Faculty Success Twitter account.
Thank you for supporting an effort to champion excellent faculty mentoring at Iowa State University. Send any follow-up questions to Assistant Provost for Faculty Development Tera Jordan via email.