Accreditation and Academic Program Reviews
Assessment of academic programs ensures that Iowa State University is providing excellence in all academic areas. Iowa State University goes through accreditation and program review processes on a regular basis to ensure excellence in program quality.
Iowa State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Updates
- 2019-2020 Year 4 Assurance Review
- Higher Learning Commission Accreditation Letter (PDF, 1.34 MB)
- 2015-2016 Assurance Argument (Self-Study)
- 2015-2016 Accreditation Review Process
In addition, numerous Iowa State University programs are accredited by specialized accrediting agencies (PDF).
Contact information for key Iowa State University offices
Academic Program Reviews
Per Board of Regents, State of Iowa policy, academic programs undergo a program review every seven years. The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost coordinates the scheduling of reviews with the academic colleges. See information on the process, timelines, and reporting expectations.