Academic Personnel Specialist
Akelo serves as the Academic Personnel Specialist in the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost. She oversees the academic information area of Workday and supports personnel administration for faculty. Prior to joining the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost in August of 2016, Akelo worked as a Human Resources Coordinator at the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Akelo earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Wake Forest University. She earned a Master of Science in Public Health degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Contact for questions about:
- Administrative officers list
- Faculty academic appointments in Workday
- Faculty Professional Development Assignments and Programs (FPDA)
- Faculty recruiting
- Named faculty positions
- Offering faculty rank to P&S employees
- Promotion and tenure process
- Tenure-clock extensions