Higher Learning Commission (HLC) 2019-2020 Year 4 Assurance Review
As a part of the normal Open Pathway accreditation process with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), Iowa State University will be going through a “Year 4 Assurance Review” in February 2020. This review will be conducted by a team of peer reviewers electronically; there is no campus visit as a part of this review. The team will review an updated version of the Assurance Argument that was prepared as a part of the Higher Learning Commission Comprehensive Review that occurred during 2015-2016.
A 2019-2020 HLC Steering Committee was formed to facilitate the development of the updated Assurance Argument. Committee members are as follows:
- Surya Mallapragada, Associate Vice President of Research
- Sara Marcketti, Director of Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Matt Pistilli, Division of Student Affairs
- Ellen Rasmussen, Division of Finance and University Services
- Rob Schweers, Director of Communications, Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost
- Brad Skaar, Associate Professor, Animal Science, Higher Learning Commission Peer Reviewer
- Amy Slagell, Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Ann Marie VanDerZanden, Associate Provost for Academic Programs
- Courtney Vengrin, Adjunct Assistant Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chair of Faculty Senate Outcomes Assessment Committee
- Karen Zunkel, Director of Academic Quality and Undergraduate Education, Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost, Steering Committee Chair
Questions can be directed to Shawn Boyne at firstname.lastname@example.org.