Assistant Provost for Faculty Success
Tera Jordan serves as Assistant Provost for Faculty Success at Iowa State University. She develops and refines programs and policies that contribute to faculty success. This work includes the revitalization of ISU ADVANCE, reimagining New Faculty Orientation, and curating faculty mentoring resources. Dr. Jordan also chairs the Faculty Work-Life Advisory Committee and synthesizes faculty data to improve faculty success and well-being. By collaborating with key stakeholders across the campus community, she strives to provide opportunities for faculty at all stages of their career.
Dr. Jordan is also an associate professor of Human Development and Family Studies. Her research program spans scholarship of discovery (i.e., marriage, Type 2 diabetes, qualitative and mixed methods), scholarship of integration (i.e., mixed methods), and scholarship of engagement (i.e., Child Welfare Research and Training Project, Extension and Outreach, and Broadening Participation initiatives).
Contact for questions about:
- ISU ADVANCE
- ASPIRE: The National Alliance for Inclusive and Diverse STEM Faculty
- New Faculty Orientation and Mentoring
- Faculty Work-Life Advisory Committee
- Faculty Mentoring
- Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE) Survey Data
- Faculty Development Programming
- Academic Leadership Programming