Interdisciplinary Team Research Award
To recognize an interdisciplinary team of faculty researchers (at least 2 or more) with outstanding achievements who have made a significant contribution to the University's research and scholarship mission through successful interdisciplinary collaborations.
At least two of the nominees must hold the rank of Assistant Professor or above, and must be from different departments. Recipients must be ISU employees at the time of the University Awards Ceremony.
Nature of award:
$2500 one time stipend (to be shared equally among awardees)
Number of awards:
The interdisciplinary research team will have collaborated on a project or initiative. Nominations should provide evidence of positive impact(s) in two or more disciplines or broad areas. The teams will be judged on their body of work since the beginning of the collaboration.
Guidelines for Submitting Nominations for the Interdisciplinary Research Award
- Follow Format and Electronic Submission Instructions.
- Complete Faculty University Award Nomination Cover Page [PDF, 166KB | DOC, 20KB]
- A statement of two (2) pages maximum describing why this team deserves the award. Cite specific examples of how the team's interdisciplinary research approach has contributed to advancement of knowledge or helped solve a problem. Give examples of recognition and external funding that demonstrate the regional and/or national/international impact of these research/scholarship accomplishments. The criteria for this award is broad in scope and the committee will consider all areas of research/scholarship.
- Include an abbreviated current curriculum vita (two-page maximum) for each of the team members highlighting any publications, external recognition, and/or external funding resulting from or attributable to the team effort.
- Include a maximum of three (3) letters from individuals outside the University who are knowledgeable about the team’s work or those that have benefited from their efforts. Be sure to explain the authors’ relationship to the team or project.
Nominations for this award may be submitted by an individual, employing unit, or college.
If an individual or employing unit would like to submit a nomination, please email the complete nomination document to email@example.com by February 10. The nominator will receive notification of successful submission within 10-15 minutes.
If a college would like to submit a nomination through the college award nomination process, the college awards coordinator must upload the nomination to the college folder on CyBox by February 10. Please note that internal deadlines for college review take place before the February 10 deadline. If you are a college awards coordinator and do not have access to your college's folder on CyBox, please contact Megan Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are reviewed by a selection committee in the Office of the Vice President for Research, who will make recommendations to the Senior Vice President and Provost. Award recipients and their nominator, department chair, dean, and/or supervisor are notified by May 1. Colleges receive feedback on unsuccessful nominations by July 1.