- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Awards - ISU Faculty and Staff
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Faculty Advancement/Review
- Faculty Honors and Awards Hub
- Faculty Hiring
- New Faculty Orientation
- Professional Development
- Faculty Handbook
- WorkCyte Updates
- Site Index
Professional development programming
Term faculty constitute one third of ISU faculty and are a very diverse community. Cognizant of the special role that they play at the university and aware of the diversity of their career trajectory, we have created a professional development program designed specifically for this faculty group, including a fall social event and several workshops.
- Calendar of 2018-2019 New Faculty Seminar Series (PDF, 352KB)
- Featuring "Launching your Faculty Career" - This fall semester presentation provides an overview of types of faculty appointments, governance documents (Faculty Handbook, and college and department governance documents), university policy (ISU Policy Library), Position Responsibility Statements (PRS) and annual performance evaluations, faculty conduct policy and academic freedom, and employee and family resources.
- Calendar of 2018-2019 Faculty Development Workshops (PDF, 134KB)
- Featuring "Advancing your Career" - This spring semester workshop introduces term faculty to the process of advancement, peer review, and university awards. A panel of peers will share their insights on getting the most out of your experience at ISU.
Professional development funds
The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost provides funds to support professional development of term faculty. Applications from faculty with limited professional development support from their departments are particularly encouraged. Faculty interested in applying for up to $500 to participate at a professional conference, workshop or training are encouraged to carefully review the guidelines below. Up to 20 awards will be competitively allocated each year.
Eligibility: Term faculty with at least a 50% appointment and who have been employed at ISU as faculty for at least one year or two semesters may apply for this competitive funding. The years or semesters do not need to be consecutive. P&S staff with rank-only faculty appointments are not eligible. Applicants must be employed by ISU at time of participation in the conference/workshop.
Awards: Each award consists of up to $500 to be used for conference registration and/or travel costs. A total of 20 awards will be distributed each year. Matching funds from department, center or college are required.
Applications are due to the SVPP office:
- June 1 for conferences/workshops taking place between July 1 and December 31
- December 15 for conferences/workshops taking place between January 1 and June 30
If you have questions, please contact Katharine Hensley, Faculty Success Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 294-8823).
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity provides virtual mentoring for faculty, postdocs and graduate students. As an ISU faculty member, you are entitled to free membership in the NCFDD. To activate your free institutional submembership account, refer to this PDF (383KB).
Student services and resources for working with students
For more information, please contact Kipp Van Dyke at 294-1020 or email@example.com.
CELT provides professional development opportunities for instructors at all levels
- Calendar of CELT programming
- CELT resources for faculty
- Learning technologies
- Peer evaluation of teaching
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
- Student evaluation of teaching
- Teaching portfolio
For more information, to submit questions, or to suggest content for future workshops contact:
Katharine Hensley, Faculty Success Coordinator, at 294-8823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.